Are you embarrassed by your smile? Do you often wish for a whiter or straighter set of teeth? Wanting to improve your smile is not uncommon. Luckily, cosmetic dentistry exists. Cosmetic dentistry is dental work that is done to improve the appearance of an individual’s teeth, gums, or bite. It focuses on the aesthetics of your smile and how to improve its overall color, position, shape, alignment, and size. Here is all about cosmetic dentistry and the benefits it can provide your smile.
Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
Everyone’s smile is different which means that people’s benefits may vary. Cosmetic dentistry can fix a number of smile ailments including:
- Boosting your appearance. The most obvious benefit of cosmetic dentistry is that it will improve the overall appearance of your smile. No matter the procedure needed, your post-procedure smile is guaranteed to be improved dramatically.
- Improve your self-confidence. Enhancing your appearance can often lead directly to an improvement in your confidence. A smile is often one of the first things a person notices. Being able to flash a perfect smile when meeting new people, going on dates, or attending, or any other activities become more enjoyable.
- Prevent dental damage. Sometimes cosmetic dentistry is more than just for appearances. Jaws that are misaligned or crooked teeth can often lead to further dental damage if left.
Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments
There is a wide variety of cosmetic dentistry treatments. Dental professionals utilize a variety of procedures and devices to improve people’s smiles. Some of these cosmetic dentistry treatments include:
- Veneers. These are thin, color-matched shells that are attached to the tooth’s surface. They are made out of porcelain and are used to treat cosmetic flaws including gaps and misshapen teeth.
- Teeth whitening. Professional teeth whitening can dramatically improve the appearance of your smile. Teeth whitening removes coffee, wine, tobacco, and any other stain in order to create an overall brighter smile.
- Implants. These are synthetic structures that are placed in the spot that a tooth would naturally root. They are usually anchored to the jaw or metal-framework to hold the tooth in place.
- Inlays and Onlays. Inlays and Onlays are fillings that are custom-made to resemble a natural tooth. They are used to restore teeth that have large defects. Onlays are identical to inlays except for the fact that one or more of the chewing crisps are infected.
- Fillings. Cavity fillings are used to repair teeth that have been affected decay, cracks, or any other damage. The affected portion of the tooth is removed and filled in to restore the tooth.
If you are interested in improving your smile, contact the professionals at Dr. Hardt. At the dental office of Dr. Hardt, D.D.S., we specialize in helping you have a beautiful smile and maintaining good dental health. We are trained to make your smile just as good or even better than the teeth you have now. To schedule an appointment today to improve your smile, contact us at 559-784-6523.